Business Brass Tacks.
MBA street cred.
- Do you have a burning desire to be your own boss, do something you love, and build something you're really proud of?
- Do you have a vision of the business and life you want to create, but are stuck on how to actually make it happen?
- Do you want the support of an experienced, effective coach to cheer you on, shorten your learning curve, and keep you accountable?
You're in the right place.
I help smart women (like you!) turn their passions into profitable businesses.
My business street cred is a combo platter of formal education (aka the fancy MBA), years of practical application working for rock-star companies (Adobe, Apple, Google),
mentoring + investing in a wide variety of startups (nut butters/fancy frying pans/software/performance sportswear/mobile coffee carts/you-name-it)
and teaching business fundamentals both as an adjunct professor and at a local non-profit.
I KNOW I CAN HELP BUSINESS-BUILDERS (AND BUSINESS STARTERS) JUST LIKE YOU - BECAUSE I DO IT EVERY DAY!
I show women how they can apply big biz best practices - and tons of small biz tips + tricks - to their own budding empires. I’ve invested thousands and dollars and years of my life into learning this stuff. Along the way, I’ve had great teachers. And, I’ve made hundreds of mistakes that I’ve had to figure out and fix.
What this means for you is I understand the pitfalls of building a business, and now have a pretty handy toolkit of best practices that I cannot wait to share with you. I’ll help you spot and move through these common big mistakes so you can
Build your business smarter and faster
I'm 100% committed to helping you succeed.
After almost a decade living and working abroad, I moved back to Portland, Oregon, the quirky city my heart calls home. For a few years, I did one-to-one coaching for entrepreneurs and startups, and served on the board of the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, giving guidance for a Shark Tank-y program.
By creating She Gets Business, I can now serve a wider number of women, anywhere in the world. I'm also an occasional guest speaker for local MBA students, and, and serve as an advocate for foster care kiddos in the system due to abuse or neglect.
Ready to build a profitable business that takes you anywhere you want to go?
Then let’s do this.
Find out how YOU can get the skills, know-how, and you’re craving.
FIVE FUN FACTS THAT’LL MAKE US FAST FRIENDS
(And won’t require you to do a little karaoke with me first.)
1. I live in Portland, where we like to keep it weird and wonderful. I love my hometown for its fab food scene, pretty parks, and artsy attitude. And I can often be found having my “power meetings” in the coolest of cafés across the city.
2. I’m a committed partner and mama to the brightest seven-year-old in existence. (She’s a total joy, and invents the best bath time pop songs.)
3. I’m an introvert but always pegged as an extrovert. (Except by my husband, an extreme extrovert, who knows better.)
4. I’m an interior design junkie. My fixes are Apartment Therapy, House Beautiful and Pinterest. I pin under a silly, secret name.
5. I love my fun family and embarking on adventures with them. So far, we've hit Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, China, Canada, France, Italy, the Czech Republic... We've got a long list still to conquer. Thank goodness for frequent flier miles and Airbnb!